- This event has passed.
Smart Cities International Symposium & Exhibition Chicago
24 January, 2017 - 25 January, 2017395$ – 895$
The world’s urban population is expected to increase by 60 per cent between 2014 and 2050, when 6.3 billion people are projected to live in urban settlements. New insights and solutions are urgently needed in order to manage the scarce resources that will be impacted by this trend, as well as operate new and regenerated urban spaces. New generations of sensor networks, Big Data analytics, and Internet of Things (IoT) applications are being deployed in public and privately managed physical spaces to meet these requirements, though many challenges remain. Municipal governments around the world are currently formulating their Smart City strategies – now is the time to engage and learn from industry peers at the forefront of this key trend.
The Smart Cities International Symposium and Exhibition, January 24-25, 2017 in Chicago brings together thought leaders and practitioners from around the world to explore the most recent technology advances, business models, and lessons learned to date in making the Smart City a reality. Expert speakers will examine the experiences of municipal governments who are pushing the envelope and moving toward actual implementation of the Smart City vision. The emphasis is on implementation strategy, case studies, best practices, and the development of compelling business models for transitioning to the 21st Century Smart City.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Leveraging the smart energy grid for other municipal applications
- Smart lighting advances, platforms and business models
- Smart transportation and parking
- Environmental monitoring and waste management
- IoT applications and communications networks for enabling the Smarter City
- Learning from the leaders: key smart city developments around the world
- Market trends and growth drivers: challenges and opportunities
- Phased, cost-effective approaches: efficiency measures that can fund additional steps
- Building a culture of performance via data analytics and benchmarking
- Enhancing sustainability, accessibility and livability
- Key emerging technologies and applications
- And more