A Tenure Track position is available for a Senior Project Manager within the Project Management Group (PMG) at the Bruno Kessler Foundation, Center for Communication and Information Technology (ICT).
The purpose of FBK’s Tenure Track program is to offer high level professionals the opportunity of pursuing a structured career path in order to become tenured researchers and contribute to the long term strategy of the organization. Within this framework, FBK-ICT is looking for a Senior Project Manager.
The candidate, reporting to the ICT Director, will work within the PMG, in the role of Senior Project Manager. The role requires coordinating other junior project managers and working in collaboration with the heads of the ICT research lines and High Impact Initiatives, managing all the phases of the project lifecycle: project initiation, management, monitoring, control, and conclusion. Project acquisition will be a major component, with a significant amount of time spent devising high level strategies for the participation of FBK to H2020 and other funding programs: this will include managing the work of other project managers for identification of new project opportunities, writing proposals, and establishing consortia.
A significant amount of time will also be devoted to assisting the ICT director for the development and execution of the ICT Center strategy.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- plan and execute multiple high-quality projects in a coordinated manner;
- manage relations with the European Commission, and with local and international stakeholders within the EU;
- assist the Director for the development of the ICT Center Strategy;
- coordinate the work of a team of junior project managers;
- support research groups in consortium development, proposal writing, and project funding;
- coordinate the writing process for multiple project proposals to different national and EU Funding schemes.
- PhD in information and communications technology (ICT), background in research in ICT related fields, and a good knowledge of research methods;
- 5 or more years of experience as project manager within ICT research projects;
- Proven experience in writing successful research proposals with a particular focus on the EU H2020 framework;
- Proven experience in the management and coordination of projects, especially in the role of project manager or coordinator of H2020 projects;
- Experience in coordinating a team of junior project managers;
- Good organizational and problem solving skills (planning, scheduling, managing resources, meeting deadlines);
- Flexibility, ability to achieve goals in a rapidly changing environment;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
- PMP certification awarded by the Project Management Institute;
- Good communication skills (presenting, persuading, and influencing).
Type of contract: Tenure Track position leading to an FBK 2nd Level Technologist (T2) permanent contract. The maximum duration of the Tenure Track contract is 3 years (which may be reduced depending on the assessment by the Committee of the candidate’s capacities and skills). If the final assessment of the Tenure Track experience is positive, the selected candidate for the tenure track position will be offered a permanent T2 contract. This call is open to both external and internal candidates, regardless their current contractual standing.
Gross annual salary: about € 48,600
Work hours: full time Start date: early 2017
Workplace: Povo (TN)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reduced bank account opening fees, public transport, sports facilities, language course fees.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by filling in the online form at https://hr.fbk.eu/en/jobs
Please make sure that your application includes the following attachments (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV including relevant past experience
- Cover Letter (explaining your motivation for this specific position)
- 2 professional references (e-mails and/or phone numbers)
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by an International Selection Committee.
Application deadline: 1st of December 2016
Please read the Guidelines for Selection, and Tenure Track FAQ before completing your application.
For further information or technical issues regarding the application, please contact the Human Resources Service at [email protected].
It is noted that this Tenure Track position is compliant with the Researchers Recruitment 2016-2018 Plan, approved on the 15 July 2016 by the FBK Board. Pursuant to this Program Plan and relevant PAT (Provincia Autonoma di Trento) resolutions, it is hereby specified that participation in this recruitment process is not subject to art. 4.2 of the Recruitment Regulations.
As stated above, candidates who are successful in the preliminary curricula screening will be contacted shortly afterwards for an interview. Non selected applicants will be notified of their exclusion at the end of the selection process.
Please note that FBK may contact shortlisted candidates within a period of 12 months, for the selection processes of similar vacancies.
For reasons of professional transparency, the name of the successful candidate will be published on the FBK website following acceptance of the position.
About Fondazione Bruno Kessler
FBK is a private research institute based in Trento (Italy) and operating in different scientific fields and disciplines. It has the aim of maintaining the Autonomous Province of Trento within the mainstream of international research.
FBK is made up of seven research centers, whose activities and production are presented at http://www.fbk.eu/research-centers
The Center for Information Technology – ICT focuses on high quality research in the fields of Cognitive Computing, Big Data Analytics, and Adaptable, Reliable and Secure Systems. The ICT Center’s specific mission is not only to conduct excellent research, but also to apply research results in concrete applications capable of impacting the local territory and improving the quality of life of its citizens. The ICT Center accomplishes this through a series of High Impact Initiatives within high-interest areas, such as Smart Communities and Health & Wellbeing.
FBK established the Project Management Group in 2013 to assist its ICT units for all their project management needs. The PMG works across the ICT units and administrative offices, assisting and managing ICT-related projects and providing guidance and support to maximize efficiency, optimize results, and reduce costs. The purpose of the PMG is to provide a unified approach for defining, managing, reporting and supporting the project management practices of the ICT units. The goal of the PMG is to build and maintain transparent, predictable, and repeatable project management processes in collaboration with ICT units.
More information about the Project Management Group is available at http://pmg.fbk.eu